Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th fun!

So what is July 4th without sparklers, fireworks,good friends and yummy food??? I don't even know! :) Well my kids had nooo idea what this amazing phenomena was about the whole sparkler kick there mom was on; and I was just dying to show them this amazingly wonderful American tradition. First things first....go to a fireworks stand on the side of a street and buy sparklers from a kinda creepy guy...check! :)
Next...Wait for the 4th of July!

Oh how they hate the waiting period! They would just stare at those sparklers and cry, "I want the fire sticks!!!!" haha...(if you can't already tell, were raising our own little generation of pyromaniacs! haha) Charlie refused to let them hold them...at first I thought, "babe, they can just hold them at least." And then I was reminded...hey, its our kids were talking about here..they could make fire out of tree branches, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they could find some sort of way to light a sparkler! haha


Sparkler time!!!!! As you can see, Ezekiel wasn't joining us for the sparkler festivities! I decided an ER visit for a kid who ate a lit sparkler didn't sound like my idea of a good time; so we let a friend hold him inside while any fire was taking place! haha



At first he was a little hesitant but just give it a minute...

He was totally enthralled! Look at those eyes, haha


They could NOT wait to go see the fireworks too, of course, and were practically counting down the seconds till we could get out the door!!


Daddy and the boys looking at fireworks!(What is that face Ezekiel?? haha)

Now unfortunately I didn't get a picture of this...but it must be told! There was (awesome) country music playing; and while the fireworks were going on Annabella decided to give our group and everyone around us a show as she did a ballet production in the shadow of the light display...classic! :)

The Ladies!! :)

Those silly boys! :)

Yummy food!!

Delightful friends!

No comments: