Sunday, June 20, 2010

Snack Packs--An out of hand Obsession



So it started with just an innocent run to the grocery store and thought I would be wild and crazy and pick up "Snack packs" (ya know, the puddings that have no nutritional value but are insainly yummy...yeah, those!) Well at first my kids had no idea what this yummy goodness was put in front of them...wide eyed and full of curiosity they took bites....and that was it....they were a slave to Snack packs...or should I just say chocolate in general! haha

Since that great and terrible day my children can't quite enjoy anything without reverting back to the "snack pack"...I will attempt to feed them a very tasty meal and they will just stare at the delightful feast set in front of them.. then they will precede to stand up and protest like small factory children going on strike "we want a snack pack, gimme a snack pack!" Oh Lord, I have created a monster!!!!

I am glad to say that things have leveled out a bit...the children were reminded(yet again) that I am the ruthless dictator of the house(haha) and my rule is..no broccoli..no snack pack...cruel, i know! :) They are now learning that they can't live on snack packs alone...(although that did take some convincing)

I hope some day that my children will enjoy the taste of a home cooked, nutritionally sound meal over a cup of pudding...but then I think to myself and say.... some days I'd pick the pudding too! :)



Try to overlook the outfit! haha :)

Licking up every last drop!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I'll call you on Monday. :)