Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Finger painting craziness!



In theory, finger painting is a great idea.

The kids refused to nap and I had to come up with something to console them and entertain them for the many hours until bedtime. Finger painting, I thought, what a great idea!! It's kinda like those ideas that seem really "fun", and ya know...what your supposed to do! Like when you go on a "family picnic" to the park and try to act like your having fun while swatting away the flies and trying to find a place where red ants haven't made their homes...and then the little one decides to eat grass instead of peanut butter and jelly and the older children decide to run away and feed there food to the birds....Yes...some ideas are meant to be just that....an idea! haha

But being my optimistic self, I thought I would give finger painting a try! It actually wasn't so bad at first. i was smart enough to put a roll of paper outside, but didn't put into consideration what I would do with them after they were covered in paint!

Malachi thought it would be fun to paint himself, naturally...and Annabella wanted to pour out every color of paint in it's entirety, all over the paper.

After this, Malachi decided he was done..so he wandered inside(lets not forget about his green, blue, and red covered hands and body) and of course he decided to use the counters, chairs, and table for his personal canvas.

Next thing I knew, they were all three outside stri
pped down naked with the hose, spraying each other...I guess that did seem like the next practical thing to do! :)

Maybe next time, I will just stick to crayons and coloring books....although, I can't blame them....painting all over each other and then running naked through the yard, what more could a kid ask for??!! We just don't have to do it everyday!! :)



So here he is...paint faced and proud of it!!


I'm gonna be honest, I have noo idea where she found that bag, and im pretty sure that "hat" is a bird feeder she found in the dirt from the previous owners! haha


this is when they decided to go streaking! :)

OHH! and of course, the best for last...THE FINISHED PRODUCT!! :)

2 comments:

The Wiggins Family said...

hahaha.... you are an awesome mom. It's probably better to not think about the way it might go and "just do it." You have a great sense of humor and I am so glad we are friends. Annabella in the walmart bag is priceless... OMGoodness... It's like something Carlee would do in her younger days. You can definately tell whose picture is whose. Zachary's always ends up brown as well. Love it!!

Brecken said...

Oh my gosh Mary, I just laughed so hard I snorted :) When I first saw the original picture I thought....Mary is such a great mom and so creative....I feel lazy next to her since I never do 'projects' with my kids. Well, after reading the entire post I can safely say that I can cross finger painting off my to do list....coloring books are fun right? Looks like the kiddos had fun though! You are a wonderful mom, and they will have such great memories of these days! Miss you!