Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Annabella's first ballet...and most certainly NOT her last! :)

I took Annabella to her very first ballet this past weekend-Awaken by Excelsior School of Dance.(an amazing christian dance studio right in our area!) To say that she absolutely LOVED it would be an understatement! This girl lives and breathes ballet. She can't be up in the morning for more than 10 minutes and not have changed into 3 different tutus. When people come over, she sees it as her personal duty to entertain them with a ballet production of twirls and leaps.(with multiple wardrobe changes in between of course!)

We went out to dinner before hand and she was wired! She didn't want to sit for a second and insisted on dancing in and around all of the tables! I was a bit concerned that she wouldn't do well for a 2 and half hour ballet...or that she would NOT like being in the audience and insist on running up front and everyone in the auditorium would stop and stare and it would be this huge drama (yes, I totally played it out in my head...not pretty! haha) BUT it couldn't have been farther from the truth!!! She watched every second in utter amazement and every now and then would whisper in my ear "Oh mommy, I wish I was up there!" and "They are just sooo
beautiful mama!" She just couldn't get enough!!

I too love ballet sooo very much and it truly was beautiful in every way!! There is just something about watching people dance before the Lord that is so powerful!
I can't wait to see Annabella as she continues to grow with the Lord and watch as she uses her love for ballet as worship before the Lord!

Our favorite mommy/daughter restaurant! A MUST for before our ballet!


No comments: