Sunday, June 27, 2010

DATE NIGHT...what a phenomenon!

Our wonderfully, amazing friend Amanda offered to come watch all three of our kids for the night, while still watching her little baby! (did I mention, shes amazing!!)

We had known about it for about a week...and we practically talked about it every night! "What will we do?" "Where should we go?" You would have thought we were going away to Jamaica for a week! haha...well, since we nevvvveerr get out, I wanted to go all out, go out on the town...ya know, go bowling, play putt putt, go to a drive-in movie, hit up the roller rink! haha


This is us!!! As you can see...im a bit excited!! :)

The children as we leave! And precious little Gyan! They don't seem too concerned! haha

Me, getting ready to get in the car for our big night!! hehe :)

First stop....The perfect start to a crazzy night! haha...BUT THEN...we walked in and realized they didn't have their buffet going on; and that just totally threw me. I mean there's nothing worse than expecting your gonna get a ridiculous amount of pizza and cinnamon yumminess..and then be told I have to pick out a medium pizza..to split! haha I know you must understand..haha.. and SO I just starred and starred at the menu and then decided...this is NOT what I want for our date night...so we left! haha

NEXT STOP...OHH yeaaahh! haha..Now this is what im talking about! haha
After my urge for pizza left me, I felt a strange urge for a yummy sand which and what better than Panera!! :) (Golly wiz, you'd think I was pregnant or something..and I'm TOTALLY not, so don't get any ideas!! haha) SOOO...this was supposed to be our first stop of many, right???

Well, it turned out that we stayed that good ol' Panera for almost 3 hours and talked like crazy some of the time and just sat in silence the other times...it was glorious!

What was I thinking!!??.......I am now fully aware that a date night means doing nothing...talking, or possibly not talking at all. Laughing, or just sitting on a park bench...and just being there...without ciaos...without screaming children, without anyone...just us! :)

Thank you Jesus for date nights! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! for date night!!!! Whooo hooo!