Friday, June 11, 2010

Can one enjoy sickness?

So, it's going on day 3 of feeling ridiculously sick...but it feels more like day 50!! I see the outside from my window...but wonder if I will ever go out again! haha...(okay maybe I'm being a bit dramatic but trust me...days like these feel more like a 72 hour day, than 24!!)

Although I have to admit than even through the fighting children and the pouring out of juice and tea all over the carpet (hoping that it will magically disappear because Lord knows I don't have the strength to clean it up
haha); even in the midst of ungodly amounts of dishes piling up, and floors that you wonder if the dried bananas will have to be scraped up with with some sort of hack saw......I hear the Lord calling me to enjoy the simple moments and find joy in the midst of chaos!

There is something that happens when a mom cannot do a single other thing besides lay on the floor with her kids and cuddle with them! It's like I knew my kids were great, but when all I do all day is sit and listen to Malachi's hilarious jokes and then watch him laugh at himself(
haha),or hold sick baby Ezekiel for hours just looking into those precious little eyes, or watch Annabella make the playroom into a rocket ship...I realize just how amazing they really are!

Oh and
theres something to be said about watching movies all day long..I mean for one thing you learn how amazing your children's memory is!! They have memorized every song to Sound of Music...that's pretty impressive!! haha And to see Annabella chase Malachi down and say"Now, Malachi, you are gonna be Rolf, and I will be Leasel!" haha...pretty dang adorable if you ask me! :)

All of this to say, sickness is no fun,even miserable at times; but I think every mom has to be really sick at least once to learn that sitting and doing "nothing" with our kids could be one of our greatest gifts!! And who knows, maybe with God's grace we could learn to just SIT and block out the dirty floors, and the "to do" lists and enjoy our children even when we aren't sick as dogs!!! :)

No comments: