Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dec 1st...just 24 days to go!

Putting up the Christmas tree is one of my most favorite days of the whole year...being with my most favorite people might have something to do with that!


 Daddy, Annabella, and Malachi putting the tree up! 
You may be wondering where Ezekiel is...well the truth is, he's napping!   Call me crazy, but having a little monkey (cute monkey I might add) climbing up a tree that we were trying to put up, and playing catch with the glass ornaments, that we were trying to hang, didn't sound like too much fun!  haha


 Malachi testing all the lights... I don't think he realized that when he plugged them in they would turn colors...he got pretty excited  :)

 Aunt Lizzie and Annabella wrapping the tree with the "tested" lights..hehe

 Annabella took out the ornaments and went crazy over every single one..
Ex. "Mommy!!!  Another sparkly one!!!!  Isn't it just sooo beautiful mommy!!!!"  

 Daddy and Malachi put the finishing touches on the tree..
Angel is officially up.   :)
 Annabella posing in front of our handmade, multi- colored, a little crooked, NOT matching Christmas tree!!  Wouldn't have it ANY other way!! 

 So for our celebration Charlie went out and picked up a ridiculous amount of junk food and sweets...for such a time as this. :)

Kids doped up on fried mozzerlla sticks, buffalo chicken bites, and chocolate bars...talk about all the basic food groups!

Oh and I forgot to mention Charlie's first, and I'm sure NOT the last, little secret from mommy!  I look over to find Malachi and Annabella drinking Pepsi in their sippys! I'm like, "babe, what are you doing??!!!" and he's like, " oh common, it's Christmas time!  :)"  Annabella then shouts with excitement, "I LOVE Christmas!!  We get lots of chocolate and Pepsi!" hahaha  Before I could begin to explain to her that's NOT what Chirtmas is all about...I found myself laughing, grabbing another cheese stick, and turning up The Amy Grant Christmas music....  :)  

I guess what I'm saying is Christmas is amazing in every way..and i sure do look forward to reading my kids the Christmas story over and over again.  But for tonight....crappy food, 80's Christmas music, and  Pepsi in sippys seemed like a pretty good way to kick off a wonderful month!  :)

No comments: