Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas day 2010

We had Christmas with Charlie's family a few days before Christmas and then had Christmas morning with just us.   It was the first year all the kids were super into it!  They loved getting presents...of course..BUT they also LOVED picking out presents for everyone else and singing Happy Birthday to Jesus!  I think the best moment was when Annabella whispered to me before bed... "Mama, Christmas is not about Santa or presents...it's about Jesus!!"
So what if shes just repeating what i've told her a million times (haha), I think she also just might be getting it!  :)


 CHRISTMAS AT NANA AND GRANDPA'S HOUSE (charlie's parents)

 We got there around 8 am (kids still in their pjs, of course) and ready to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus!

 I like REALLY love them  :)


 Uncle Nick, Latham, Aunt Jaime, Addyson, Nana, Shadow( the big black dog),Grandpa,Ezekiel, me,Annabella,Charlie, Malachi

 Present time!


 Annabella LOVES her new doll!  She named her Sally Elizabeth!  When she opened it, she screamed.."She has curly hair..JUST LIKE ME!!"  :)

 The three boys (Latham, Malachi, and Ezekiel) all got to open a VERY big gift!!  hint**  It was a GIANT truck! hehe

 Nana keeps Annabella stylish 

 Grandpa got a new mandolin for Christmas (and Nana and Charlie already have one) so they all played Amazing Grace..don't forget to check out Annabella on the keys!  :)




 CHRISTMAS AT HOME SWEET HOME

 Annabella was up at 5:50 am whispering in my ear.. "mama, I know it's not light out yet, but can we get up a little early today?!"  she then muttered.." oh and I saw all the presents under the tree but there was nothing in the stockings.." haha  I had hoped I could get up before the kids and fill them, but apparently not! haha  

 Struggling to get to the bottom of his stocking

 The boys opening their gifts!


 Annabella got a new sleeping bag...she immediately wanted to pretend like she was sleeping in it..and very naturally I might add   :)

 Ezekiel had a very interesting way of opening his gifts.  We all thought he would be the one to rip them open like a wild man...but oh no, it took him like 5 minutes to open each gift.  He ripped off tiny little pieces at a time and when i would try to help him pull off bigger sections, he would freak out! haha

 Annabella thoroughly enjoyed her princess barbies and "birthday party" play set!  She is still waiting eagerly for her princess ballerina jewelry box.  It didn't quite make it in time for Christmas morning but my mom printed out a picture online and put it in a box for her to open. She was literally jumping around the room screaming, "YAYYYY, that is all I wanted...a BEAUTIFUL jewelry box!  i am sooo excited!!"  (those of you who really know her,know that I am NOT exaggerating! haha)  What will she do when it actually arrives??!!

Ezekiel finally getting an excuse to bang on something as loud as he can!  But I'm telling ya, that boys got rhythm!  

Malachi and his new most beloved toys!  He got a giant buzz and all the action figures from Toy Story 3.  He has not stopped playing with them!

I will say I am sad that Christmas is over...but as my kids say..."we can celebrate birthdays everyday even when it's not your birthday!"  :)  So here's to the next year of celebrating Jesus every day..even if it's not Christmas!  :)

No comments: