Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Columbia.....South Carolina that is... :)

We decided to go on a little week getaway just me and the kiddos.  Charlie had to work so I took the kids to our bestest friends Sami and Bekah's's house.  I'm not gonna lie...it was pretty insane!  haha  5 kids...3 big people...and one modest house - it was something to behold!  But it really was super fun!  When we finally put all the kids down we would just sit on the bed (yes...the 3 of us!) and eat Doritos and talk till wee hours in the night.  The only problem with that was that Ezekiel decided to learn how to climb out of his crib on this trip and came strolling out of his room around 5:30 AM most mornings!  Yuckkk!!  Thankfully the one night we stayed up till almost 2 and Ez got up at 5:30...Bekah took all 5 kids and let me go back to sleep!  (I know...amazing right! Especially because she got just as little sleep as I had!)

I didn't take near as many pictures as I would have normally but I think I was truly in vacation mode --just chilling every day in pj's and sitting on the couch drinking way too much coffee and watching the kids destroy the house--  yup, that sounds about right!  :)

Well at least I got a some pictures..and it truly captures the week perfectly!  :)

 Like I said...we didn't do much..like clean for example.  :)




 We did make it to the park a few times and although it was crazy hot, the kids enjoyed getting out


 Annabella having her "quiet time". 

 But after the hot park....everyone crashed (that includes the mommies!)


 But there was also plenty of time for silliness

 Malachi lined up the all the stuffed animals and serenaded them with a song


 Annabella wanted to make my hair all pretty and this was  the outcome! haha  If you are wondering, those little strings are plastic sticky ties...so yes, it took foorreevveerr to get them out! haha

 brothers.  :)

 I'm not sure if these pics will give it justice...but I was trying to capture my kids at their most favorite pastime- chasing each other around the house and tackling one another to the ground.  :)






 I think you get the point! haha

So overall..we had a lot of fun! 

No comments: