Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Saturday worth blogging about

It started with being awoken by my precious 3 year old son at 4:45 am. I'm talking I rolled over and there he was...staring over me...kinda creepy, I know! haha He has a habit of wanting to be everywhere we are..sigh... and he knows he's not normally allowed to sleep in bed with us so he has come up with a little different solution. He comes in, grabs a pillow that we're not using, pulls off our quilt and lays it out for himself and then proceeds to fall asleep on the floor (as close to the bed as possible of course, hehe).

Now with all that being said...some days it just annoys me. Call me mean spirited or cruel; but fearing having to get out of bed and tripping over your kid's head or hearing them tap the side of the bed frame for a good 45 minutes before they can fall alseep in the middle of the night, makes you kinda sorta wish they would have just stayed in their own! haha

But today was different. I looked over as he fluffed out our nice big red quilt and curled up as close to our bed as possible...and I smiled....big! :) I just love him sooo much and the Lord reminded me at that moment that he will only want to run in our room and cuddle for so many years...and so for the first time I just wished I could wake him up and snuggle his little face off! :) No worries though, I had enough self control and wisdom to know that wouldn't have turned out quite as cute as it sounded! haha

Then for the morning (I mean the REAL morning...I don't consider 4:45 am the morning haha). Well the night before Charlie and I had agreed to get up early and take the kids to Chick-Fill-A for FREE BREAKFAST! Yes, get excited, cause boy we did!!!!!!!!!!! haha Apparently they are offering free breaksfat every saturday through the month of September...I didn't want to say anything beacuse of fear of MORE people knowing about this amazing craze, but now you know! :) We had thoroughly planned it...knowing that people were probably gonna be sleeping outside of that place just waiting to get themselves some yummy breakfast chicken biscuits for FREE, so we had to think strategically! :)

BUT at 6:30 there were no sounds of children, and Lord knows we weren't about to wake them...then 7...7:30...nothing! Ahh, I could hear the Hallelujah choir! :) All of that to say, we lay there in bed for a while just enjoying the moment of nothingness! When they finally did awake we decided that everybody snuggling in mommy and daddy's bed and eating cinnamon rolls sounded WAY better than actually getting clothes on and leaving the house. The next several hours consisted of laying in our bed, tickling, dancing to silly music Charlie would play on his guitar, and laughing!

Sound like a great day so far???!! It gets better!!! :)

After we all pulled ourselves together, Charlie watched the kids so I could go to Hobby Lobby and the Thrift Store!! I know, I know, I too could hardly contain myself! :) Now, just for the record, me and Hobby Lobby have a "thing"...yup, that's right, I'm talking we really like each other!! :) And the thrift store...I mean whats not to like about the thrift store?! So I wandered the aisles looking at wonderful fun things that I had no intention of actually buying, but boy was it fun; and then moseyed into the thrift store asking where there "sale" items were, and ended up with some amazing things I might add! Delightful afternoon, truly delightful!

Then after all that crazy goodness we decided to take our three little monkeyroos to the park for a little picnic. There's nothing like a picnic from Sonic and a park bench to eat your Cheese Coney on! :) A little unorthodox I must admit, but way better than any sandwich-filled picnic basket, I'll tell you that! :)

Our amazing smorgasbord! :)

Ezekiel had finally surrendered after much chasing! hehe

Shes amazing...simply amazing. :)

Ahh, I loveee him!!!

Hands down Ezekiel and Malachi's favorite thing-to be swung around untill when you put them on the ground, they fall over! haha

A little tag with daddy....I wonder who will win? :)

We finally got home and our tummy's were full of french fries and coney dogs; but yet there was still something missing.....OH YES...brownies!!!!!! :) YUMM...and who can eat brownies without a little movie to go with it??? So we popped in "Little House on the Prairie" and we were set! :) I'm telling ya, after watching a few episodes of that it will make you want to go live on a ranch and pull up your own broccoli! :)

Thank you Jesus for beautiful days, amazing children, silly husbands, yummy hot dogs, and delightful entertainment! I go to sleep with my heart full! :)

3 comments:

The Foster Family said...

Yay! So glad you had such a fun day! That is so darn cute about Malachi snuggling next to your bed!

M & M said...

I too had a wonderful Saturday with my boys...and thrift store shopping among it too. Which one do you go to?

The Wiggins Family said...

Man, girl... You make me laugh. I love your blog and wish I would have read this post sooner so I could have joined you at the threft store and Hobby Lobby. I am right there in the neighborhood. I love Teddy Bear Park too. I might just have to take the kids there tomorrow. So fun!