Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Strawberry goodness

I had high hopes of going strawberry picking and being able to pick enough strawberries to last us through winter and make us enough strawberry jam to be having pb&j picnics every afternoon.  Well, that definitely didn't happen!  haha  First mistake- I was way to late in the season.  We should have gone like a month ago...oh well, there's always next year!  :)  Second mistake- I brought three children.  Enough said. haha 
But we definitely had a lot of fun; and even though the kids were done after about 30 minutes...I think we still got a pretty good amount! 


Ezekiel did surprisingly well!  He loved walking up and down the rows and finding all the red little treasures under the leaves!  :)



Annabella just frolicked around picking up each strawberry and then skipping a little while longer till she felt like getting another one, then after picking maybe 4 or 5 would sit and rest while.  haha   :)

Malachi enjoyed it too, although after he and Annabella discovered a little river running by the farm, they we were occupied elsewhere. :)


Look at those tiny little strawberries

I don't know if you can see, but that's like a million tiny little strawberries...I'm not gonna lie...they took fooorreevverrr to chop up!

chopping, chopping, chopping

Laying them out to dry before I froze them.  

So it was a little more work and not quite as many as I would have hoped; but the kids had a great time and I think we will have enough to make quite a few smoothies...so I think overall, it was a success!  :)


No comments: