Friday, August 27, 2010

Homeschooling DAY ONE!!!

Ok, so she is a little young for Kindergarden; but when your 4 year old is practically begging you to teach her how to read and write you know you gotta do something! haha Plus, Lord knows I'm
gonna need a year to get sorta into this whole homeschooling thing before the education world actually expects much of me! :) I'm pretty excited though and Annabella, well she can hardly contain herself! haha "When are we doing school mommy? Can't we do school forever mommy?" I wonder how long that will last! haha

I LOVE the curriculum we are using, "My Father's World" and it is perfect for her style of learning! And I mean, I'm not saying my kid is brilliant or anything but she's totally aced the first week of work! haha but don't worry, for now there will be no "grading". Lord knows if that child saw anything less than a A+ her life would be over; therefore, I will wait a little while to let her experience the cruel reality's of life! haha

I totally thought that when I started homeschooling I would have a school room decked out with a full wall caulk board, old fashioned desks, and a bullitan board for every season...hmm maybe next year! hahaha But ya know, as it turns out I think I just might perfer my dining room table, messy house, NO bulletin board walls, and my ballerina princess ready to learn some ABCS! :)))))


I will no doubt be posting days of laughter and wild discoveries, as well as days I would have wished I would have never signed up for this! haha So here I go, let the journey begin! :)

No comments: