Wednesday, October 6, 2010

JUMP by faith and not by sight!


So God decided to be oh so merciful to me and reveal to me a lil lack of faith in my life...
So Here is Annabella...As you can see, she is very excitiny jumping off of our trunk onto the floor. I might add, at first she wasn't so quick to jump but after the first or second time, she was a pro!!



Now you can see her jumping off the lower part of our bar..I told her to jump to me...she was VERYY hessisnt..but as she thought for a loonngg while, she fianlly decided to jump!


 Lastly...most importantly...the highest bar...it now didn't matter how much I convinced her that I would catch her..she still refused to jump...


Then the revelation came....
The ONLY reason she jumped from the trunk and hesitantly jumped from the first bar was because she believed in her mind that even if I didn't catch her, she would be okay! Now when she refused to jump from the highest bar it didn't seem to make since at first, because she jumped from the trunk and she KNEW that I had caught her every other time, why wouldn't she just jump...and then it finally came to me!!!

I don't think she ever really did trust me to catch her, she just knew that even if I didn't come through and catch her, she could do it on her own!!! (SOUND FAMILIAR???) and maybe, just maybe, she did have a wee bit of trust in me in the previous jumps; but she was convinced that this jump was too high, too big, too great for even me to catch her!

Woah!! HOW TRUE IS THAT??? I find myself walking in faith to the degree that I know that even if He doesn't break through, I have something else to lean on...(money,jobs, security,401Ks,houses,family,friends,medicine)

I DON'T think the Lord is saying any of those things are wrong BUT WHAT IF The Lord is saying, "I want a people who will jump out into faith, I want a people who will trust me wholeheartedly and never look back...a people who would have my heartbeat, share in my sufferings, and all the while being passionately in love with me!" what if it brings Him the biggest glory when we jump out in faith KNOWING that if He doesn't come through were TOAST!

Total dependence...total surrender...complete trust...not leaning on anything..no crutches, no fall back plans...just the Lord!

Do we as a people of God have that kind of faith?? 

If not...shouldn't we?

1 comment:

kellbell3680 said...

That's good, Mary! I love it! Skydiving for Jesus ;)