Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dressing up...it's the thing to do. :)

My kids have been watching WAY too many spiderman/ super hero shows so naturally they all wanted to go as super heroes!  They actually wanted to go as Spiderman, Iceman, and Firestar (it's okay if you have no idea who they are..haha...I didn't either!  It is some old Spiderman show on netflix and the kids are hooked cause it has two boy super heroes and one girl superhero.  They run around the house...and everywhere else...pretending like their are saving the world!)  ALL of that to say, I looked into making the Iceman and Firestar costume (cause we already found the Spiderman costume at a garge sale..score!!) and with all of the material and things I would need to sew it, it was coming up to like $35 per costume!  Yikes!!  So...it was off to the thrift store for us to see what good finds we could snatch up!  And there they were.. a supergirl costume and a superman costume!!  And people say that God doesn't care about the little things!! :) The kids were super excited to be any kind of super hero and dressed up pretty much every single day until Halloween!



 The big kids laid out their costumes in preparation for the next day!  (Annabella of course had to add the princess hat and shoes to her outfit..she couldn't be a super hero without it! haha..she did decide the next day though that she could part with them. hehe)


 The three cutest super heroes EVER!  :)  This is at the fall festival the Saturday before Halloween...and it was freezing!!!!


 face painting





 inflatables!  


 Some of the other mommies we met there- Julie and Becky.


 And the most creative costume goes too....iphone and speakers!  Geezzee, why didn't I think of that?! :)  



Annabella and her best buddy Leah who dressed up like a princess (it looks like her mommy got the memo about the frigid temps...hints the mittens, hat, and ear warmers! haha)

 Malachi and I had a little mother/son bonding time because Annabella went off with Leah and her mom to go play some games and Charlie had to take Ezekiel to the car after about 10 minutes because Ezekiel was being.. well....Ezekiel.  :)  I love him... but wow..that boy has more spunk, energy, and feistyness than I have ever yet to see in any human being!  #GonnaBeGod'sLittleWarrior  :)

 Malachi wanted a sword balloon and I told him he had to take a picture with the clowns and he was too freaked out so they jumped behind him when he wasn't noticing.


 Annabella learning some bow hunting skills   :)


 Did I mention that it was Freezzziinnngg??!!  Apparnelty it had snowed that morning and I didn't get the memo so we were all in light jackets and Annabella literally balled her eyes out walking back to the car because she was so cold.....  this is us showing our disapproval to mother nature!  :)


Halloween night

 Malachi testing out his awesome web shooting abilities!  :)


My big strong young man!!!  :)

 The crew of Trick or treaters -Mya,Gracie,Bella, Annabella, and Malachi.  (We decided Charlie should stay home with Ezekiel this year...the world's not quite ready for him yet!  :) But he was okay with it cause him and Charlie went on a little father/son date and he was super excited!)

 Me and my lil bits

"Trick or treat!"  :) 

All in all I think they had alot of fun.  Although after about an hour the older kids were running to house and house and Annabella was asking all the adults in our group to hold her cause she said, "I'm just so exhausted and I just can't walk anymore!" haha Then i saw some lady giving her water instead of candy and and after she was done she ran and told me, "I was just so thirsty and tired so I asked the lady for some water and she found her husband and he game me some." haha  I got to hand it to her, she is quite resourceful!  :)    Malachi definitely had fun too but could't quite keep up with all th big kids.  He wanted to do things at a little slower pace.  When the older kids were done at one house they would rush as fast as they could to the next..but Malachi would just sit on their steps and carefully examine the candy he just received.  hehe  I love him! 


No comments: