Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Dont feed the bear" :)

I get huge with all my pregnancies. I'm not sure why..okay maybe I have a slight idea why.. :) but in my defense it's like when my body starts creating a little life all of the rest of me just shuts down including my once very fast metabolism. at least that's what I tell myself. :) but then again it's mainly my belly that gets huge... It's like my baby's come out as small people rather than infants. Maybe you think I'm over reacting... Let me give four scenarios that have happened on the last 2 weeks

1. We were at chick fil a and the sweet little Chick-fil A worker asked me when I was due... actually I think her exact question was, "You must be due any day??!!" I smiled and said I still had 3 and a half more months.  She looked mortified but I reassured her that she really isn't hallucinating..I just get huge.  And no, she doesn't have to be worried about having babies someday cause I'm sure she would be in the majority of cute pregnant people that don't like 9 months pregnant at 18 weeks.  haha  :)

2. We were at the park and a mom of twins and I started chatting it up.  We started discussing children, potty training and your typical "mom park talk"...but it just had to be addressed...like a giant white elephant in the room (no pun intended...hehe)..she then said, "You must just be sooo ready to pop that baby out already?!"  I laughed and told her what I tell everybody... she then looked stunned.  She clearly could not hide her astonishment and blurted out, "and you're SURE you're not having twins??!!!"   Pretty sure lady!!  :)

3. And this last one is just a reaction from most people in the grocery store, Library, and everywhere else I go.  "Oh when are you gonna have that baby?" Then I respond.  "Oh you poor thing!!!"

4. I went in for my doctors appointment and first thing they make you do is weigh yourself.  Of course I practically get half naked in order to shed off as many ounces as possible. :)  I was pretty discouraged by the number but forgot what I was last time so thought I was maybe doing okay. But when I walked into that doctors office, his expression said it all. "Hmm..surely this is wrong." hahaha  never something you want to hear.  "It said you have gained __ pds (hey a girls gotta be discreet hehe) in 3 weeks...yes, we need to weigh you again..that just can't be right."  Of course...it was right. :)

So now that I am finally getting farther along I feel like a little more justified in my hugeness...that or I just have come accustomed to it.  It definitely helps now that little bit is moving all the time and the joy of knowing she's inside me absolutely out ways everything else!!!  Really though, it just makes me laugh.  Mommy-hood is such a precious, crazy, exhausting, and rewarding gift and I feel blessed (even in my hugeness) that I get to be apart of it!

This picture was taken around 20 weeks.  I tried to get my "good side". haha  


1 comment:

Crystal C said...

I have to say... I was a teeny pregnant person. (Not by choice, but by God's choice to make me so nauseated that I couldn't eat). I always had the OPPOSITE of people asking me if I was still in my first trimester. Or if the baby was teeny. Or if my fluid was low. I realized that no matter what you are, people just like to be in your business and make you feel like something is WRONG. Sheesh people, let the woman enjoy her pregnancy! If she's actually not nauseated, let her EAT. Haha, I think you look fab! *hugs!*